First order of business! The Ziva Payvan Collection is now live on Amazon! In celebration of the new year, you can purchase the entire collection for a special price of $0.99 this weekend only (January 1-3). Kindle Unlimited subscribers can also read it for free! On Monday the 4th, I’ll be setting it to its regular price of $5.99. And hey, that’s still cheaper than buying all three books individually!
As you might expect, this collection includes Dakiti, Nexus, and Ronan, as well as exclusive character interviews (one of which is featured on The Protagonist Speaks) situated between each book and extended excerpts from my upcoming projects set in the Ziva Payvan universe, I Am Reilly and Embers.
If you’ve read and reviewed these three books already, would you consider writing a quick review for the collection? You can even copy and paste your other reviews to save time. Reviews help readers make informed decisions about their reading options and help books reach their target audience. Review on Amazon and/or Goodreads today!
Second thing! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by fellow author and blogger R.R. Willica! I’d never heard of this award, but apparently it was designed as a fun way for bloggers to promote each other. Bloggers award it to other bloggers with fewer than 1,000 followers. I think this is a really cool idea, because word-of-mouth is so important when it comes to indie authors gaining exposure.
There are rules, and while I’ve never been a huge fan of these tagging games, I’ll be good and play along 😉
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gave you.
- Tag 11 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers.
- Think of 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Let them know you have nominated them through social media or their blog.
Here are the questions I was given, along with my answers:
- Have you always wanted to be a writer?
- No. I mean, I’ve always enjoyed writing, and I’ve always had some sort of story floating around in my head, but for years, I was so terrified of sharing those stories with anyone that I kept them all stored within the depths of my computer and refused to let anyone else read them. Publishing was a huge step for me, but I’m really glad I did it.
- What is one thing that inspires you?
- Pinterest. I have boards for futuristic architecture, interior design, gadgets, exotic/intriguing locations, and even general physical appearance. Even though I pin such a huge variety of stuff, looking at images helps me visualize what I’m writing about.
- Do you have any other hobbies besides reading and writing?
- I do a lot of digital art (or try to, anyway – free time is limited these days) and I love gaming. But I’m kind of limited there too because my computer kinda sucks and and half the games I want to play are only for new consoles.
- What was your favorite movie of 2015?
- While I had an incredible amount of fun with Star Wars (still need to go see it again!), I think I’ve gotta go with The Martian. Seriously, SUCH a good movie. I can’t wait until January 12 when I can buy it.
- If you could pick one song as your theme song, what would it be
- Oh Lord. Ummm…*goes and scrolls through iTunes* It would have to be something by Two Steps From Hell. Psshhh…I wish my life was that epic. Actually I probably don’t. #introvertproblems
- Dogs or cats?
- Nooooo don’t ask me this! I love both equally so I hate to pick one or the other. I do have to say that cats are lower maintenance, although I could be biased right now because my dog is 5 months old and a total maniac.
- What is your favorite fictional world?
- Like, actual planet, or universe within which a story is set? I do really love the Star Wars universe in general, but I also love the Mass Effect universe (even though it’s technically our universe)
- Would you rather go to the forest or the beach?
- Heh. Depends on which beach/forest and what time of year. Oregon coast in winter? No thanks. Oregon coast in July? Sure. Actually, forest in winter and forest in July are basically the same. I’d probably be more inclined to pick the beach in general just because I don’t get to go there very often.
- What is the main thing that causes writer’s block?
- Procrastination and/or other hobbies. Regardless of how much planning I’ve done for a chapter or whatever, I almost always end up procrastinating. And if I have other things I’d also like to be doing, it makes it hard to focus on writing.
- What is your favorite season
- Around here, I’d have to go with fall, because summers are scorching hot and winters are ridiculously cold. I love that time in mid-to-late-September when it’s still nice and toasty during the day but it gets chilly enough at night that you can put an extra blanket on and be all cozy.
- What is your favorite genre?
- Psshhh…certainly not sci fi…no way.
Being as I really don’t know a ton of people with blogs (and in the case of some of those, I have no idea how many followers they have), I’m not going to actually tag 11 people. But here are the ones I came up with:
And here are my questions for all y’all if you feel like answering them:
- What’s your New Year’s Resolution?
- What’s the last book you read?
- How about your favorite book series?
- What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
- What’s your favorite snack while reading or writing? Don’t tell me you don’t have one!
- Kindle/e-books or physical books?
- Pick up the book closest to you and post the second paragraph on page 48.
- Name a book you’ve read more than once but love it just as much every time?
- What’s your current favorite TV show?
- When and where do you do most of your writing brainstorming?
- What’s the first book you’re going to read in the new year?